Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nothing in particular

The kids still haven't really recovered from our trip yet. They are still waking up (and crying) multiple times a night, and someone winds up sleeping in our room to avoid the screams of the other. It has been really fun! (Does anyone want to take one of them home for the night? Please? Pretty please?)

Here are a few Miri-isms for the road...

(When we were in Charleston, SC)
Miri: I hear Mr. Meisler [our neighbor] mowing the lawn
Mommy: That's not Mr. Meisler, honey, we're not at home now, we're in Charleston.
Miri: Oh. Who is mowing the lawn?
Mommy: A different man, someone who lives here.
Miri: What's that boy's name?
Mommy: I don't know his name, but you can give him a name for pretend if you want to.
Miri: Ok, I think I'll call him 'Mr. Meisler.'

(Yesterday, in the van)
"Mommy, can I tell you something? Uncle Moishy sings 'Modeh-Ani' in the mornings just like I sing 'Modeh-Ani' in the morning. Did you know that?"

No comments: